At this point, we all know that accepting price transparency is one of the hottest trends in healthcare for 2016. More and more providers in radiology, surgery, dentistry, and dermatology are accepting that price transparency is the key to reaching a more consumer-driven patient population. Now that we’ve overcome the battle of proving to providers that transparency is valuable to both themselves and their patients, we’re taking this revolution mobile.
The next frontier is mobile price transparency, where patients can easily compare prices for different medical procedures with ease, on their own phones. So many price transparency tools claim to make price comparison shopping easy for medical procedures, but the process is still quite cumbersome. We’ve taken steps to make shopping online for healthcare procedures even easier by making mobile price transparency in healthcare a reality.
Let’s explore the five ways mobile price transparency in health care improves the overall patient experience:
- Patients can compare more options in their area when and where they need to, regardless of their access to a computer.
- When patients are face-to-face with their doctors, the physician can help refer their patients to specialists of their choice or at least show them how much it costs to go to their recommended location.
- Mobile price transparency gives patients the opportunity to change their mind about where they are going for their care. If they hear something negative about a surgery center, for instance, they can go into their account and request an appointment elsewhere.
- Patients can pay for their procedures upfront on their own device, cutting down on extra bills down the line. No one likes getting pesky medical bills in the mail when they thought they had paid in full- price transparency clears this up from the get-go.
- Mobile optimization of price transparency tools will give patients, even more, control over their own care. It will better engage patients with their own healthcare process by giving them access to powerful tools and putting the power in their hands.